- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Evelyn C. Sachs 91, Mt. Hope Home resident, nurse
Evelyn C. Sachs, 91, lifelong resident of Ephrata, passed away Saturday, March 31, 2012 at Mt. Hope Nazarene Home in Manheim.
Her husband, the late Frank W. Sachs, passed away in 1997. Evelyn was born in Ephrata, daughter of the late Luther W. and Eva H. (Keller) Friend.
She was a 1939 graduate of Ephrata High School and 1942 graduate of the Metropolitan School of Nursing in New York City. In Ephrata, she was a private duty nurse at the old Mt. Springs Ephrata Hospital and later an office nurse for Dr. C. Eugene Miller for almost 30 years. As a lifelong member of Holy Trinity Lutheran Church she was active as a lector and member of the altar guild and Lutheran Church Women. She was also a member of the Ephrata Women’s Club and Lancaster Cotillion Dance Club. Evelyn loved to travel, read, dance, golf, and crochet. She won many ribbons with her crochet work. She loved her family dearly and was loved dearly by them.
Surviving is her daughter: Judith A., wife of Wilbur L. Zimmerman, of Ephrata; two grandchildren: Jodi Lynn, wife of Tracy Deel, of Lititz; and Christopher D. Kline, husband of Joelene Kline, of Chambersburg; and six great-grandchildren: Anthony, Eric, Cameron, Tyler, Dawson and Isabella.
Also surviving are three step-great grandchildren: Morgan, Cody and Chelsea; and one great-great granddaughter: Ayelin.
Funeral services were held April 4 at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, 167 E. Main St., Ephrata, with the Rev. Henry E. Herbener officiating. Place of interment was Lincoln Cemetery, Ephrata.
Donations in Evelyn’s memory may be directed to Holy Trinity at the above address or, to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
To offer condolences, visit gravenorhomeforfunerals.com.