- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Eva M. Shankweiler
91, sewing machine operator
Eva M. Shankweiler, 91, of Allentown, passed away Monday, May 6, 2013 at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Her mother was from Lititz.
She was the wife of the late William D. Shankweiler, who passed away in 1997. Born in Macungie, she was a daughter of the late Frank J. and Caroline V. (Cressman) Meitzler.
Eva worked as a sewing machine operator for the former Midway Company and several other garment factories in the Allentown area. She was a member of Jordan Lutheran Church, Orefield.
Survivors include a son: Ronald D., and his wife Belinda J. of Allentown; daughter: Louann E., wife of Dr. Richard E. Berg of Hancock, N.Y.; seven grandchildren: Lisa, Sarah, Deirdre, Devon, Christina, Laura and Jennifer; and six great-grandchildren. A daughter: Margaret H. predeceased her in 1943.
Services were held May 10 at Trexler Funeral Home, Allentown. Burial is at Cedar Hill Memorial Park, Allentown.
Contributions can be made to Alzheimers Association 399 Market St., Suite 102, Philadelphia, PA 19106.