- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Eva M. Shankweiler
91, sewing machine operator
Eva M. Shankweiler, 91, of Allentown, passed away Monday, May 6, 2013 at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Her mother was from Lititz.
She was the wife of the late William D. Shankweiler, who passed away in 1997. Born in Macungie, she was a daughter of the late Frank J. and Caroline V. (Cressman) Meitzler.
Eva worked as a sewing machine operator for the former Midway Company and several other garment factories in the Allentown area. She was a member of Jordan Lutheran Church, Orefield.
Survivors include a son: Ronald D., and his wife Belinda J. of Allentown; daughter: Louann E., wife of Dr. Richard E. Berg of Hancock, N.Y.; seven grandchildren: Lisa, Sarah, Deirdre, Devon, Christina, Laura and Jennifer; and six great-grandchildren. A daughter: Margaret H. predeceased her in 1943.
Services were held May 10 at Trexler Funeral Home, Allentown. Burial is at Cedar Hill Memorial Park, Allentown.
Contributions can be made to Alzheimers Association 399 Market St., Suite 102, Philadelphia, PA 19106.