- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Eva M. Shankweiler
91, sewing machine operator
Eva M. Shankweiler, 91, of Allentown, passed away Monday, May 6, 2013 at Lehigh Valley Hospital.
Her mother was from Lititz.
She was the wife of the late William D. Shankweiler, who passed away in 1997. Born in Macungie, she was a daughter of the late Frank J. and Caroline V. (Cressman) Meitzler.
Eva worked as a sewing machine operator for the former Midway Company and several other garment factories in the Allentown area. She was a member of Jordan Lutheran Church, Orefield.
Survivors include a son: Ronald D., and his wife Belinda J. of Allentown; daughter: Louann E., wife of Dr. Richard E. Berg of Hancock, N.Y.; seven grandchildren: Lisa, Sarah, Deirdre, Devon, Christina, Laura and Jennifer; and six great-grandchildren. A daughter: Margaret H. predeceased her in 1943.
Services were held May 10 at Trexler Funeral Home, Allentown. Burial is at Cedar Hill Memorial Park, Allentown.
Contributions can be made to Alzheimers Association 399 Market St., Suite 102, Philadelphia, PA 19106.