- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Eugene F. Weisser 81, Korean War veteran, minister
Eugene "Eue" Francis Weisser, 81, of Lititz, died Friday, Nov. 30, 2012 at the Lancaster General Hospital.
Born on Jan. 23, 1931 in Columbia, he was the son of the late William B. and Margaret H. Weisser. He is survived by his wife of 57 years, Mary Ann.
He was a graduate of Lancaster Catholic High School and Villanova University. A veteran of the Korean War, serving as a platoon sergeant in the 40th Infantry Division.
In sales for 37 years, he was corporate vice president of The Mudge Paper Company, part of International Paper Company, Baltimore, and vice president of its Pennsylvania Division in York. He was a charter member of St. Leo the Great Church, where he served for many years as a Eucharistic Minister since the inception of the program.
Surviving in addition to his wife are two daughters: Susan M. Ballas, wife of Dr. Christos A Ballas, Gladwyne, Pa.; and Krista A. Showers, wife of Thomas M. Showers, Lancaster; six grandchildren; and two brothers: William G., married to Jan Weisser of Lititz; and Bernard J., married to Margaret Weisser of Columbia.
A Mass of Christian Burial was held Dec. 5, St. Leo the Great Roman Catholic Church, Lancaster. Interment was private. Kindly omit flowers. Memorial remembrances may be made in his memory to Lancaster Catholic High School, 650 Juliette Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601; or St. Leo the Great Church Roman Catholic Church.
To send online condolences, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.
Arrangements entrusted to Charles F. Snyder, Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz.