- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Eugene B. Ludwig 85, World War II veteran
Eugene B. "Bud" Ludwig, 85, of Brethren Village, formerly of Lititz, passed away Jan. 17, 2013 at Lancaster General Hospital. He was the son of the late Howard and Elsie Becker Ludwig, and was married to the late Nancy Brenner Ludwig who died in June 2000.
Eugene graduated from Ephrata High School, served in the U.S. Army during World War II in Okinawa, and was a member of Lititz Church of the Brethren. He worked for Paul Henry Truck & Hudson Car Dealer, Lancaster, retired in 1987 from RCA, and following his retirement worked nine years at Park City.
He is survived by his son: Thomas Ludwig, husband of Carol, Manheim; daughters: Debra Reifsnyder, wife of Daryll, Lewes, Del.; Maribeth Getz, wife of Michael, Newmanstown; five grandchildren and nine great grandchildren. He was preceded in death by one sister and four brothers.
Funeral Services were held Jan. 21 at the Lititz Church of the Brethren, preceded by a viewing. Burial was at Longenecker Brethren Cemetery, Lititz. Contributions may be made in his memory to the Lititz Church of the Brethren Youth Fund. To send online condolences, visit: www.richardheiseyfuneralhome.com