- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Eugene Albert Most, Army vet, structural designer
Eugene Albert Most, 74, of Denver, died June 16, 2013 in Lancaster General Hospital.
He was the loving husband of Cynthia Lou (Leinbach) Most, whom he married Feb. 28, 1992.
Born April 14, 1939 in Philadelphia, he was a son of the late Albert John and Eva (Kolowsky) Most.
Gene was a graduate of Roman Catholic High School, Philadelphia.
He was employed as a structural designer for over 30 years, having worked the longest with United Engineers Material, Philadelphia. He retired in December of 2010.
Gene was very proud to have served in the U.S. Army.
He loved woodworking and had a passion for nature and horses.
A family man, Gene loved spending quality time with his wife and children.
Surviving are his six children: Michael E. Most of Wilmington, Del.; RenÃ©e, wife of Alex W. Rae of Jenkintown, Montgomery County; Lisa M. Harkins of Springfield, Delaware County; Brian D. Most and Christopher S. Most, both of Folcroft, Delaware County and Laura J. Most of Baltimore, Md.
Also surviving are his eight grandchildren: Marissa and Amanda Most; Alex, Joshua, Jennifer and Kimberly Rae and Michele and Jessica Harkins.
Gene was predeceased by his two sisters: Lorraine Gallagher and Elizabeth Kelly.
Services will be June 20 at 10 a.m. in Walter R. Christ Funeral Home, Inc., 3300 Kutztown Road, Laureldale. A viewing will be held one hour prior to the services. Burial, with military honors, will be in Charles Evans Cemetery, Reading.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to research a cure for pancreatic cancer at knowitfightitendit.org