- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Esther Zimmerman94, of Lititz, Earl Twp. native
Esther H. Zimmerman, 94, of Lititz, passed away after a brief illness in her home Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011.
Born in Earl Township on July 8, 1917, she was the daughter of the late Harry Z. and Lydia H. (Hurst) Martin. She was the wife of the late Harvey N. Zimmerman, who died in 2005.
She is survived by a daughter-in-law: Earline S. Zimmerman, of Lebanon, wife of the late L. Ray; and children: Glenn M., husband of Luella (Rutt), of Lebanon; Marlene M., wife of Walter Hurst, of Lititz; Melvin M., husband of Mary (Newswanger), of Denver; David, husband of Mildred (Rutt), of Lebanon; James S., husband of Emma M. Martin, of Goshen, Ind., and also the husband of the late Verna M. Zimmerman; James M., husband of Charlene (Kieffer), of Myerstown; and Elaine M., wife of Barry L. Burkholder, of Ephrata; 51 grandchildren; 171 great-grandchildren; five step-grandchildren; one step-great-grandson; a half-brother: Harry M., husband of Luella (Nolt) Martin, and also the husband of the late Emma Z. Martin; and a sister: Anna Mary, wife of Clayton Zimmerman.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her brother: Weaver H., husband of the late Alta Martin; and her sister: Edna H. Martin, who died in childhood.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the Meadow Valley Mennonite Church, Meadow Valley and Rettew Mill Road, Ephrata, with Bishop Lester Martin officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.