- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Esther Zimmerman94, of Lititz, Earl Twp. native
Esther H. Zimmerman, 94, of Lititz, passed away after a brief illness in her home Sunday, Dec. 4, 2011.
Born in Earl Township on July 8, 1917, she was the daughter of the late Harry Z. and Lydia H. (Hurst) Martin. She was the wife of the late Harvey N. Zimmerman, who died in 2005.
She is survived by a daughter-in-law: Earline S. Zimmerman, of Lebanon, wife of the late L. Ray; and children: Glenn M., husband of Luella (Rutt), of Lebanon; Marlene M., wife of Walter Hurst, of Lititz; Melvin M., husband of Mary (Newswanger), of Denver; David, husband of Mildred (Rutt), of Lebanon; James S., husband of Emma M. Martin, of Goshen, Ind., and also the husband of the late Verna M. Zimmerman; James M., husband of Charlene (Kieffer), of Myerstown; and Elaine M., wife of Barry L. Burkholder, of Ephrata; 51 grandchildren; 171 great-grandchildren; five step-grandchildren; one step-great-grandson; a half-brother: Harry M., husband of Luella (Nolt) Martin, and also the husband of the late Emma Z. Martin; and a sister: Anna Mary, wife of Clayton Zimmerman.
In addition to her husband, she was preceded in death by her brother: Weaver H., husband of the late Alta Martin; and her sister: Edna H. Martin, who died in childhood.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. on Dec. 8 at the Meadow Valley Mennonite Church, Meadow Valley and Rettew Mill Road, Ephrata, with Bishop Lester Martin officiating. Interment will be in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Arrangements are being made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.