- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Esther M. Melchi87, former Lititz resident
Esther M. Melchi, 87, was called home by her Heavenly Father on Friday, July 15, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County. A resident at the Denver Nursing Home in Stevens, she was formerly of Lititz.
Born in Port Deposit, Md. she was the daughter of the late Harry M. and Mary Alice Huss Flaharty. She was the wife of the late Richard L. Melchi, who died in August 2005.
Esther was a long time member of Covenant United Methodist Church in Lancaster. She enjoyed reading, sports, puzzles, had a love for bird watching and being helpful to others while a resident at the Denver Nursing Home.
She is survived by her daughter: Sharon A., wife of Richard E. Becker, of Ephrata; and son: Barry L., husband of Kay Diehl Melchi, of Lititz; a grandson: Aaron, husband of Stephanie Becker, of Reinholds; a granddaughter: Cory L., wife of Michael Graeff, of Lancaster; and great-grandsons: Dylan and Ian Becker. Also surviving are two sisters: Dorothy Miller, of Rising Sun, Md.; and Francis, wife of Paul Linton, of Port Deposit, Md.
She was predeceased by her infant daughter; a brother: James Flaharty; and sister: Marie Martell.
Funeral services were held July 19 at Groffs Family Funeral Home with the Rev. Larry D. Leister officiating. Burial took place in Millersville Mennonite Cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Memorials may be made in Esther’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Online condolences for the family may be posted at thegroffs.com.