- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Esther M. Melchi87, former Lititz resident
Esther M. Melchi, 87, was called home by her Heavenly Father on Friday, July 15, 2011 at Hospice of Lancaster County. A resident at the Denver Nursing Home in Stevens, she was formerly of Lititz.
Born in Port Deposit, Md. she was the daughter of the late Harry M. and Mary Alice Huss Flaharty. She was the wife of the late Richard L. Melchi, who died in August 2005.
Esther was a long time member of Covenant United Methodist Church in Lancaster. She enjoyed reading, sports, puzzles, had a love for bird watching and being helpful to others while a resident at the Denver Nursing Home.
She is survived by her daughter: Sharon A., wife of Richard E. Becker, of Ephrata; and son: Barry L., husband of Kay Diehl Melchi, of Lititz; a grandson: Aaron, husband of Stephanie Becker, of Reinholds; a granddaughter: Cory L., wife of Michael Graeff, of Lancaster; and great-grandsons: Dylan and Ian Becker. Also surviving are two sisters: Dorothy Miller, of Rising Sun, Md.; and Francis, wife of Paul Linton, of Port Deposit, Md.
She was predeceased by her infant daughter; a brother: James Flaharty; and sister: Marie Martell.
Funeral services were held July 19 at Groffs Family Funeral Home with the Rev. Larry D. Leister officiating. Burial took place in Millersville Mennonite Cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Memorials may be made in Esther’s memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17603.
Online condolences for the family may be posted at thegroffs.com.