- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Esther F. Massimo91,United Zion resident, wrote poetry
Esther Fern (Atlee) Massimo, 91, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
She was born Dec. 11, 1920, the daughter of Lauren and Esther Brooks Atlee. She married her loving husband, Silvino M. Massimo, on Jan. 1, 1944. They enjoyed 39 years of marriage before he preceded his wife in death in 1983.
She was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church and the Legion of Mary. She enjoyed knitting, crocheting, writing poetry, reading and, above all, socializing.
She is survived by three children: Fern Massimo, partner of Don Shaw, of Swainton, N.J.; Michael, husband of Patricia Massimo, of Lititz; and Beth, wife of Clark Tomlinson, of Lancaster; ten grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
A mass of Christian burial was held on June 9 at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Lancaster. Interment followed at Saints Peter and Paul Cemetery, Springfield. Memorial Contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
To send the family an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.