- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Esther F. Massimo91,United Zion resident, wrote poetry
Esther Fern (Atlee) Massimo, 91, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, June 5, 2012 at United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
She was born Dec. 11, 1920, the daughter of Lauren and Esther Brooks Atlee. She married her loving husband, Silvino M. Massimo, on Jan. 1, 1944. They enjoyed 39 years of marriage before he preceded his wife in death in 1983.
She was a member of St. John Neumann Catholic Church and the Legion of Mary. She enjoyed knitting, crocheting, writing poetry, reading and, above all, socializing.
She is survived by three children: Fern Massimo, partner of Don Shaw, of Swainton, N.J.; Michael, husband of Patricia Massimo, of Lititz; and Beth, wife of Clark Tomlinson, of Lancaster; ten grandchildren; six great-grandchildren; and many nieces and nephews.
A mass of Christian burial was held on June 9 at St. John Neumann Catholic Church, Lancaster. Interment followed at Saints Peter and Paul Cemetery, Springfield. Memorial Contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to St. John Neumann Catholic Church.
To send the family an online condolence, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.