- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Esther E. Kurtz
104, Luther Acres volunteer
Esther E. Kurtz, 104, entered the peace of God Sunday, July 14, 2013.
Esther was a long-time member of the St. Peter’s Lutheran Church in Neffsville. She enjoyed worship and Bible studies, as well as overseas trips with her church.
She was also a volunteer at Luther Acres in Lititz.
Esther was an auxiliary member with the Neffsville Fire Company. She also worked at Stehli Silk Mill and Moore Farms Hatchery, Lancaster. Throughout her years, she was a homemaker and enjoyed baking, gardening, knitting, sewing and caring for her family and stepfather. She was a resident of Ephrata Manor.
She was the daughter of the late Elmer F. and K. Adeline (Caldwell) Rhoads. Her foster parents were the late Amos and Anna Brubaker. She was the wife of the late Harry G. Kurtz.
Esther is survived by a son: Donald P., husband of Kay A. (Martin) Kurtz of Ephrata; three grandsons: D. Craig, husband of Patti Kurtz; Kevin D., husband of Leigh Anne Kurtz; Eric D., husband of Amy Kurtz; and six great-grandchildren: Christy, Brent, Morgan, Kallie, Garret and Savannah.
In addition to her husband and parents, she is preceded in death by a grandson: Douglas Alan Kurtz; and half brother: Arthur Verville.
A viewing will be held July 18 from 9 to 10 a.m. at the Stradling Funeral Home in Akron, followed by her funeral service, with Rev. Craig A. Ross officiating. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family in the Trinity Lutheran Cemetery, New Holland.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions in Esther’s memory may be made to Ephrata Manor, 99 Bethany Road, Ephrata, PA 17522 or to St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 10 Delp Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.