- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
Estel Elaine Newman
80, Lititz resident,
Estel Elaine Newman, 80, of Lititz, passed away peacefully Monday, April 22, 2013 at the United Zion Retirement Community, Lititz.
She was the wife of the late Harry E. Newman, who passed away in 1999. Born in Winchester, Va., she was the daughter of the late Truman R. and Virginia Mae Cuppett Rudolph.
Elaine was a homemaker, and enjoyed gardening, animals, flowers and reading.
She is survived by her son: Harry, married to Nathalie of Spring, Texas; and her daughter: Linda married to Michael Krofcheck of Lititz; three grandchildren: Rachel, Brandon, and Brian; and her sister: Ruby Thomas of Mentor, Ohio. She was preceded in death by her son: John D. Newman.
A memorial service was held at Little Brownfield Free Methodist Church April 26 with Pastor Charles O’Brien, Jr.
In lieu of flowers, please make contributions in Elaine’s memory to Good Samaritan Fund at United Zion Retirement Community, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543 or to Hospice and Community Care, 685 Good Drive, Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
To send an online condolence, please visit snyderfuneralhome.com.