- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Eriean R. Smith87, RCA secretary, avid gardener
Eriean R. "Sally" Smith, 87, of Manheim, passed on Thursday, Oct. 27, 2011 at Mt. Hope Nazarene Retirement Community, Manheim.
She was the widow of the late Willard A. Smith, who died in 1993. Born in Birdsall, N.Y., she was the daughter of the late Henry and Edith (Tuhkil) Anderson.
Sally was a secretary in the engineering division for the former RCA of Lancaster for 30 years before retiring in 1986. She graduated from Canaseraga High School, Canaseraga, N.Y., and attended business school in Rochester, N.Y. She was a member of the former Salunga Methodist Church and enjoyed gardening.
Surviving are two sons: Kenneth A. Smith, of Manheim; Ronald H. Smith, of York; a daughter: Carole E., wife of Wallace B. Truszkowski, of Monroe Township, N.J.; three grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; a brother: A. Anderson, of Renton, Wash.; and a sister: Helen W. Aeschbacher, of Rochester, N.Y.
Her funeral service was held at the Chiques United Methodist Church, Mount Joy, on Oct. 29. Interment took place in Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens, Columbia.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Sally’s memory may be sent to the Alzheimer’s Association, 3544 N. Progress Ave., Suite 205, Harrisburg PA 17110.
To send the family online condolences, visit heiligfuneral.com.