- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Emma Z. Wenger 81, Lititz resident, married 60 years
Emma Z. Wenger, 81, Lititz, went home to be with the Lord Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in East Earl to the late Christian and Lydia (Zimmerman) Sensenig and was the wife of Norman Z. Wenger with whom she recently celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Emma was a member of the Groffdale Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference. She was a homemaker.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by four sons: Lester S., husband of Joyce Wenger of Terre Hill; Mervin S., husband of Elaine Wenger of Womelsdorf; Norman S. Jr., husband of Fern Wenger of New Holland; and James S. Wenger at home; three daughters: Verna S. Wenger of Lititz; Luella S., wife of Galen Martin of Manheim; Edith S., wife of Leon Martin of Lebanon; 34 grandchildren; 24 great grandchildren; two sisters: Verna Zimmerman of New Holland; and Mabel, wife of Raymond Weaver of East Earl; sister-in-law: Lydia Sensenig of Terre Hill; and a brother-in-law: Lester Martin of New Holland.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Irene S. Wenger; a sister: Frances Martin; and a brother: Amos Sensenig.
Funeral services were April 12 at the Farmcrest Chapel with further services at the Groffdale Mennonite Church Weaverland Conference with Bishop Curvin Zimmerman officiating. Interment will take place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.