- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Emma Z. Wenger 81, Lititz resident, married 60 years
Emma Z. Wenger, 81, Lititz, went home to be with the Lord Tuesday, April 9, 2013, at Lancaster General Hospital.
She was born in East Earl to the late Christian and Lydia (Zimmerman) Sensenig and was the wife of Norman Z. Wenger with whom she recently celebrated 60 years of marriage.
Emma was a member of the Groffdale Mennonite Church, Weaverland Conference. She was a homemaker.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by four sons: Lester S., husband of Joyce Wenger of Terre Hill; Mervin S., husband of Elaine Wenger of Womelsdorf; Norman S. Jr., husband of Fern Wenger of New Holland; and James S. Wenger at home; three daughters: Verna S. Wenger of Lititz; Luella S., wife of Galen Martin of Manheim; Edith S., wife of Leon Martin of Lebanon; 34 grandchildren; 24 great grandchildren; two sisters: Verna Zimmerman of New Holland; and Mabel, wife of Raymond Weaver of East Earl; sister-in-law: Lydia Sensenig of Terre Hill; and a brother-in-law: Lester Martin of New Holland.
In addition to her parents, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Irene S. Wenger; a sister: Frances Martin; and a brother: Amos Sensenig.
Funeral services were April 12 at the Farmcrest Chapel with further services at the Groffdale Mennonite Church Weaverland Conference with Bishop Curvin Zimmerman officiating. Interment will take place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.