- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
Emma S. Schulmeister77, retired school teacher
Emma Sue Schulmeister, 77, of Lititz, formerly of Lancaster, died Thursday, Jan. 12, 2012 at the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center in Lititz.
She was born May 28, 1934 in Abington, daughter of the late J. Ira and Edith (Zimmerman) Kreider, and was the wife of Robert F. Schulmeister Jr. for the past 34 years.
She was a retired teacher for School District of Lancaster, where she had worked for 10 years, and a member of The Church of the Apostles United Church of Christ and the Alpha Club.
She is survived by her husband: Robert; her stepdaughter: Deborah Furlow, of Lancaster; her two sisters: Edith, wife of Kevin O’Brien, of Berwyn; Nancy, wife of Charles Goding, of Hartford, Conn.; and her two grandsons: Hunter and Joel Furlow.
Funeral services were held at the Luther Acres Chapel, Lititz, on Jan. 18. Burial took place in the Longenecker’s Reformed Mennonite Cemetery. In lieu of flowers, contributions in Emma’s name may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County or Church of the Apostles Memorial Fund.
Online condolences may be sent to youngfuneralhome.com.