- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Emma M. Zinkand
100, Luther Acres resident
Emma M. Zinkand, 100, of Luther Acres Manor in Lititz, passed away Thursday, June 27, 2013.
She was the widow of the late John F. Zinkand, who died in 1979.
Formerly of Columbia, Emma was employed by the former L.J. Manufacturing Company. She was a member of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. She was born March 28, 1913 in Drumore Township, and was the daughter of the late Martin and Harriet (Grider) Peifer.
She is survived by a son: John P., married to Linda (Gerlach) Zinkand of Lancaster; grandchildren: Elizabeth Ann, married to Neil Michel of Davis, Calif.; and John R., married to Jacqueline (Karl) Zinkand of Portland, Ore.; great-grandchildren: Marley Rae and Donald John Michel.
She was the last of her immediate family, predeceased by her brother: Roy G. Peifer, and sisters: Fanny P. Siegler, Ida G. Kleiner and Ruth G. Musser.
A funeral service for Emma was held July 2 at the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Columbia, with Rev. Mark Kopp officiating. Interment followed in Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Please omit flowers. Contributions in Emma’s memory may be made to: St. John’s Herr Estate, Chapel Fund, 200 Luther Lane, Columbia, PA 17512.