- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Emma M. Zinkand
100, Luther Acres resident
Emma M. Zinkand, 100, of Luther Acres Manor in Lititz, passed away Thursday, June 27, 2013.
She was the widow of the late John F. Zinkand, who died in 1979.
Formerly of Columbia, Emma was employed by the former L.J. Manufacturing Company. She was a member of St. John’s Evangelical Lutheran Church. She was born March 28, 1913 in Drumore Township, and was the daughter of the late Martin and Harriet (Grider) Peifer.
She is survived by a son: John P., married to Linda (Gerlach) Zinkand of Lancaster; grandchildren: Elizabeth Ann, married to Neil Michel of Davis, Calif.; and John R., married to Jacqueline (Karl) Zinkand of Portland, Ore.; great-grandchildren: Marley Rae and Donald John Michel.
She was the last of her immediate family, predeceased by her brother: Roy G. Peifer, and sisters: Fanny P. Siegler, Ida G. Kleiner and Ruth G. Musser.
A funeral service for Emma was held July 2 at the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home, Columbia, with Rev. Mark Kopp officiating. Interment followed in Laurel Hill Memorial Gardens.
Please omit flowers. Contributions in Emma’s memory may be made to: St. John’s Herr Estate, Chapel Fund, 200 Luther Lane, Columbia, PA 17512.