- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Emma E. Rutt
92, Springville Mennonite member, homemaker
Emma E. Rutt, 92, of Lititz, passed away Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013, at her residence.
She was born in Earl Township to the late Abraham and Lizzie (Wenger) Martin and was the wife of Paul N. Rutt with whom she shared 70 years of marriage this past August. Emma was the last of her immediate family.
She was a member of Springville Mennonite Church (Weaverland Conference). She was a homemaker.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by four daughters: Mary Jane, wife of David Seibel of Stevens; Mildred, wife of David E. Zimmerman of Lebanon; Mabel, wife of Raymond Martin of Lititz with whom she resided; Dolores, wife of Kenneth Hurst of Ephrata; 29 grandchildren; 147 great-grandchildren; a son-in-law: Lloyd Sensenig, husband of Ada Zimmerman of Annville, also husband of the late Minerva Rutt Sensening.
In addition to her parents and a daughter, Minerva, she was preceded in death by a granddaughter: Brenda, wife of John Oberholtzer; a grandson: Rodger, son of Raymond and Mabel Martin; three great-great grandchildren; three brothers: Lester, David and Louis Martin and a sister: Mary Edna Groff.
A viewing will be held Nov. 21 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Martindale Mennonite Fellowship Center, 352 Martindale Road, Ephrata. Funeral services will be held at 9 a.m. on Friday at the Martindale Mennonite Fellowship Center with further services at 9:30 a.m. at Springville Mennonite Church, 580 Springville Rd., Ephrata, with Bishops Melvin Martin and Lester B. Martin and ministers Walter Zimmerman, Walter Martin and Wilmer Martin officiating. Interment will take place in the adjoining church cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers.
Arrangements by Stradling Funeral Homes, Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.