- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Elverta S. Dotterer 102, United Zion resident, White Oak church member
Elverta S. Dotterer, 102, of Lititz, died peacefully Tuesday, March 19, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community.
Born in Manheim Township, she was the daughter of the late William and Cora Demmy Springer. A homemaker, she was the wife of the late Philip E. Dotterer, who died in July of 1990. Elverta was a member of the White Oak Church of the Brethren, Manheim. She enjoyed working in her garden, quilting and growing African violets.
Surviving is a daughter, Beverly Faye Burns of Florida and one granddaughter. Preceding her in death is a son: Laverne E. Dotterer, and a sister: Minerva Kreider.
Relatives and friends attended her funeral service at the United Zion Retirement Community Chapel on March 22. Interment was in St. Peter’s Lutheran Cemetery, Neffsville.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Elverta’s memory to the White Oak Church of the Brethren, 1211 North Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545; or United Zion Retirement Community Caring Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.
To send the family on-line condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.