- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Elsie K. Leininger
73, worked for Landis Homes, ACTS Covenant Fellowship member
Elsie K. Leininger, 73, formerly of Brickerville, went home to be with Jesus Monday, Oct. 28, 2013 at Landis Homes.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Martin and Ursula Houck Bucher. She was married for 53 years to Norman I. Leininger, Jr.
Elsie was a 1958 graduate of Warwick High School and worked for Landis Homes for 32 years. She was a member of ACTS Covenant Fellowship, Lancaster. She lived a life of service to her family and church, always willing to do what was needed. She was full of life and spirit, and loved to spend time with her granddaughters. She also enjoyed flowers, gardening, and bird watching. Most of all, she walked hand in hand with her Savior and shared His love with anyone she came in contact with.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two daughters: Barbara, wife of Steve Martin of Lititz; Elizabeth "Betsy," wife of Daniel Rudy of Leola; a son: Bruce Leininger husband of Lydia Julius of Woodside, Calif. and four granddaughters: Bethany Rudy, Kelsey Martin, Heather Rudy and Erin Martin.
Funeral services will be held from Alive Church, 510 Stevens Road, Ephrata, Thursday, Oct. 31, 2013 at 11 a.m. Friends may call on Wednesday from 6 to 8 p.m. at Landis Homes East Bethany Chapel, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, and also from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday at the Alive Church.
Kindly omit flowers. Private interment will be in Cocalico Church of the Brethren Cemetery. Contributions may be sent to Global Disciples, 315 W. James St., Lancaster, PA 17603.