- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Elsie I. Stasko88, Hershey Foods retiree
Elsie I. Stasko, 88, of Manheim, died Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011 in the Hospice of Lancaster County.
She was the wife of the late Joseph S. Stasko, who died in 1988.
Born in Manheim on April 2, 1923, she was the daughter of the late William F. and Josephine Dickel Hornberger.
She retired from the Kisses Department at the Hershey Foods Corporation and formerly worked at Raymark Asbestos, Manheim.
Elsie enjoyed gardening, sewing, bird watching and NASCAR, especially Jeff Gordon.
Surviving are three sons: Joseph S. Jr., husband of Joan Stasko, John M., husband of Ann Marie Stasko, and Robert W., husband of Rosalinda Stasko, a daughter: Sylvia, wife of Gregory W. Kepley, a brother: Clyde E., husband of Beatrice Hornberger, and a sister: Ellen Jean Palmer, all of Manheim; ten grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers: David, William and John Hornberger; and a sister: Nora Gebhard.
Funeral services were held on Dec. 21 in Kreamer Funeral Home and Crematory, Annville. Interment took place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
Contributions may be made to the Good Samaritan Hospital, Fourth and Walnut streets, Lebanon, PA 17042 or Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601 in her memory.
For more information, visit kreamerfuneralhome.com.