- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Elsie I. Stasko88, Hershey Foods retiree
Elsie I. Stasko, 88, of Manheim, died Wednesday, Dec. 14, 2011 in the Hospice of Lancaster County.
She was the wife of the late Joseph S. Stasko, who died in 1988.
Born in Manheim on April 2, 1923, she was the daughter of the late William F. and Josephine Dickel Hornberger.
She retired from the Kisses Department at the Hershey Foods Corporation and formerly worked at Raymark Asbestos, Manheim.
Elsie enjoyed gardening, sewing, bird watching and NASCAR, especially Jeff Gordon.
Surviving are three sons: Joseph S. Jr., husband of Joan Stasko, John M., husband of Ann Marie Stasko, and Robert W., husband of Rosalinda Stasko, a daughter: Sylvia, wife of Gregory W. Kepley, a brother: Clyde E., husband of Beatrice Hornberger, and a sister: Ellen Jean Palmer, all of Manheim; ten grandchildren, 19 great-grandchildren; and five great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by three brothers: David, William and John Hornberger; and a sister: Nora Gebhard.
Funeral services were held on Dec. 21 in Kreamer Funeral Home and Crematory, Annville. Interment took place in Indiantown Gap National Cemetery.
Contributions may be made to the Good Samaritan Hospital, Fourth and Walnut streets, Lebanon, PA 17042 or Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster, PA 17601 in her memory.
For more information, visit kreamerfuneralhome.com.