- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Elmer V. Spahr Jr.79, Army veteran, Raymark shipping clerk
Elmer V. Spahr Jr., 79, of Manheim, went home to be with his Lord Saturday, Jan. 28, 2012.
Born in East Petersburg, he was the son of the late Elmer V. Sr. and Anna Heagy Spahr.
He was a veteran of the U.S. Army, serving during the Korean conflict. Elmer worked for Raymark as a shipping clerk in Manheim. After retirement, he worked for Weis Market in Lititz. He enjoyed collecting Winross trucks and attending toy auctions. He also enjoyed traveling throughout the states and Nassau with his family and friends. He was a 1951 graduate of Manheim Central High School. Elmer was a faithful 50-year member of Salem United Methodist Church. Elmer was also a member of Masonic Lodge 587, Manheim.
Surviving is his wife of 55 years: Betty Jane (Becker) Spahr; his son: Vincent Eugene Spahr; a sister: Miriam (Spahr), wife of Robert Boyce, of Palmyra; a niece: Marianne (Boyce) Matthews; a nephew: Steven Boyce; one great-niece; one great-nephew; and one great-grand-niece.
He was preceded in death by a sister: Jane Spahr.
His funeral service will be held at Salem United Methodist Church, 140 N. Penn St., Manheim, on Feb. 2 at 10:30 a.m., with Pastor Melinda L. McKonly officiating. Interment will take place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.