- ‘Spamalot’ coming to EPAC
- Dutchland Derby Rollers rock the Black Rose All-Stars
- Kentucky Derby Day party May 2
- Crowlers at St. Boniface
- Lititz Pretzel Fest will feature 13 tasting stations
- ‘Lititz Remembers’: Lititz Springs Park will host Memorial Day display
- 130 years of service
- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
Elmer Seiger Jr.85, Navy veteran, Mt. Gretna ‘mayor’
Elmer Seiger Jr., 85, of Manheim, died Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
He was born Feb. 8, 1927 to Elmer Seiger Sr. and Rebecca (Bretz) Seiger in Pine Grove.
He was a veteran of the Navy.
Elmer was a retiree from the VA hospital, an unofficial mayor of Mt. Gretna and a spiritual man. He was a gentle, kind and loving man who touched our lives in so many wonderful ways. We were blessed to know him and are secure, and find peace, in the knowledge that he knew the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal savior. He collected antiques and loved to read.
Surviving are his wife of 65 years of marriage: Ruth I. (Houser) Seiger, of Manheim; children: Susan, wife of Ricardo Negrete, of Manheim; Van Seiger, of Jacksonville, Fla.; and Leisa Radosavljevic, of Kapaa, Hawaii; grandchildren: Adam Seiger, Aaron Seiger, Karen Seiger, Kristen Seiger, Kimberly Seiger, Rebecca Moore, Matthew Negrete and Rachel Watson; and great grandchild: Lucas Moore.
Funeral services and burial will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions may be made to GSH Hospice, P.O. Box 1281, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Christman’s Funeral Home Inc. is honored to serve the family with the arrangements. For more information, visit christmansfuneralhome.com.