- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Elmer Seiger Jr.85, Navy veteran, Mt. Gretna ‘mayor’
Elmer Seiger Jr., 85, of Manheim, died Wednesday, Feb. 22, 2012 at Good Samaritan Hospital.
He was born Feb. 8, 1927 to Elmer Seiger Sr. and Rebecca (Bretz) Seiger in Pine Grove.
He was a veteran of the Navy.
Elmer was a retiree from the VA hospital, an unofficial mayor of Mt. Gretna and a spiritual man. He was a gentle, kind and loving man who touched our lives in so many wonderful ways. We were blessed to know him and are secure, and find peace, in the knowledge that he knew the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal savior. He collected antiques and loved to read.
Surviving are his wife of 65 years of marriage: Ruth I. (Houser) Seiger, of Manheim; children: Susan, wife of Ricardo Negrete, of Manheim; Van Seiger, of Jacksonville, Fla.; and Leisa Radosavljevic, of Kapaa, Hawaii; grandchildren: Adam Seiger, Aaron Seiger, Karen Seiger, Kristen Seiger, Kimberly Seiger, Rebecca Moore, Matthew Negrete and Rachel Watson; and great grandchild: Lucas Moore.
Funeral services and burial will be at the convenience of the family.
Memorial contributions may be made to GSH Hospice, P.O. Box 1281, Lebanon, PA 17042.
Christman’s Funeral Home Inc. is honored to serve the family with the arrangements. For more information, visit christmansfuneralhome.com.