- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Elmer L. Strohm69, born in Brunnerville, truck driver
Elmer L. Strohm
Elmer "Larry" L. Strohm, 69, of Leola, died at Lancaster General Hospital Saturday, July 16, 2011 following a brief illness.
Born in Brunnerville, he was the son of the late Elmer B. and Mildred K. Steely Strohm.
Larry was a truck driver for Rohrer’s Quarry for 31 years and he loved his Mack truck. He enjoyed camping, especially at Sill’s Family Campground; going to the mountains at Two Bear Camp; drag racing at Maple Grove Speedway; cars; and enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter: Jill, wife of Leon Bomberger, of Lititz; a son: Joe S., husband of Carolyn Strohm, of Lititz; three grandchildren: Vanessa, Jenna and Justin; three great-grandchildren: Olivia, Lilah and Gianna; and a brother: Donald L., husband of Cheryl Strohm, of Leola.
A life celebration gathering will be held at Sill’s Family Campground, 1950 Bowmansville Road in Adamstown, July 21 at noon. Interment will be in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery Thursday at 10 a.m.
Please omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To share your fondest memories of Larry, visit lifecelebration.com.