- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
Elmer L. Strohm69, born in Brunnerville, truck driver
Elmer L. Strohm
Elmer "Larry" L. Strohm, 69, of Leola, died at Lancaster General Hospital Saturday, July 16, 2011 following a brief illness.
Born in Brunnerville, he was the son of the late Elmer B. and Mildred K. Steely Strohm.
Larry was a truck driver for Rohrer’s Quarry for 31 years and he loved his Mack truck. He enjoyed camping, especially at Sill’s Family Campground; going to the mountains at Two Bear Camp; drag racing at Maple Grove Speedway; cars; and enjoyed spending time with his grandchildren and great-grandchildren.
Surviving is a daughter: Jill, wife of Leon Bomberger, of Lititz; a son: Joe S., husband of Carolyn Strohm, of Lititz; three grandchildren: Vanessa, Jenna and Justin; three great-grandchildren: Olivia, Lilah and Gianna; and a brother: Donald L., husband of Cheryl Strohm, of Leola.
A life celebration gathering will be held at Sill’s Family Campground, 1950 Bowmansville Road in Adamstown, July 21 at noon. Interment will be in Brunnerville United Methodist Cemetery Thursday at 10 a.m.
Please omit flowers. Memorials may be sent to the American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To share your fondest memories of Larry, visit lifecelebration.com.