- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Elmer L. Good85, former Lititz resident, Army vet
Elmer L. Good, 85, died Sunday, Oct. 9 in Seattle, Wash.
He was the son of the late Samuel and Lillian Good, of Lititz.
He graduated from Lititz High School and Albright College. He received his doctorate in social work at University of Chicago. He was faculty of the College of Social Work at Ohio State University and also director of social programs at Texas University, San Marcus. He served in the Army Air Corps from 1944 to 1946.
Surviving are his wife: Kazie; and two daughters: Patricia Kiyona, of Seattle; and Christine of Columbus, Ohio; a brother: Howard, husband of Hilda, of Lititz; and sister: Naomi, wife of Mervin, of Phoenix, Ariz.
He was preceded in death by three sisters and four brothers.