- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Ellen Gene Bayan 93, Lititz United Methodist Church member
Ellen Gene Bayan, 93, of Lititz, passed away Jan. 17, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community. Born in Butler, she was the daughter of the late Walter and Alma Rahiser, and the wife of the late Paul S. Bayan, who died in 1993.
Ellen Gene was a member of the Lititz United Methodist Church.
She is survived by her daughters: Leila J. Murphy, Lititz; Donna M., wife of Everett Thayer, Blue Ridge, Ga.; four grandchildren, twelve great- grandchildren, two great- great-grandchildren and a sister: Nancie Johnson, of Zelienople. She was preceded in death by a brother: Alvin Rahiser.
A celebration of life service will be held at a later date. Remembrances in Gene’s name should be sent to The Care Fund at United Zion Retirement Community, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543. To send online condolences, please visit: www.heiseyfuneralhome.com.