- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
Ellen Gene Bayan 93, Lititz United Methodist Church member
Ellen Gene Bayan, 93, of Lititz, passed away Jan. 17, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community. Born in Butler, she was the daughter of the late Walter and Alma Rahiser, and the wife of the late Paul S. Bayan, who died in 1993.
Ellen Gene was a member of the Lititz United Methodist Church.
She is survived by her daughters: Leila J. Murphy, Lititz; Donna M., wife of Everett Thayer, Blue Ridge, Ga.; four grandchildren, twelve great- grandchildren, two great- great-grandchildren and a sister: Nancie Johnson, of Zelienople. She was preceded in death by a brother: Alvin Rahiser.
A celebration of life service will be held at a later date. Remembrances in Gene’s name should be sent to The Care Fund at United Zion Retirement Community, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543. To send online condolences, please visit: www.heiseyfuneralhome.com.