- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ellen Gene Bayan 93, Lititz United Methodist Church member
Ellen Gene Bayan, 93, of Lititz, passed away Jan. 17, 2013 at United Zion Retirement Community. Born in Butler, she was the daughter of the late Walter and Alma Rahiser, and the wife of the late Paul S. Bayan, who died in 1993.
Ellen Gene was a member of the Lititz United Methodist Church.
She is survived by her daughters: Leila J. Murphy, Lititz; Donna M., wife of Everett Thayer, Blue Ridge, Ga.; four grandchildren, twelve great- grandchildren, two great- great-grandchildren and a sister: Nancie Johnson, of Zelienople. She was preceded in death by a brother: Alvin Rahiser.
A celebration of life service will be held at a later date. Remembrances in Gene’s name should be sent to The Care Fund at United Zion Retirement Community, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543. To send online condolences, please visit: www.heiseyfuneralhome.com.