- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Ellen E. Clontz100, Manheim resident
Ellen E. Clontz, 100, of Manheim, died Thursday, Dec. 29, 2011 at Lancaster General Hospital.
Born in Youngstown, Ohio, she was the daughter of John and Amelia Steucek Cubick. She celebrated 57 years of marriage with her husband, Herman L. Clontz, who died in 1991.
She is survived by her sons: Don, husband of Vickie Clontz, of Bloomington, Ind.; Ray, husband of Linda Clontz, of Plainville, Maine; and Jim, husband of Barb Clontz, of Lancaster; sisters: Ann Bender, of Media; Evelyn Kibble, of Foley, Ala.; eight grandchildren; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her sisters: Lydia Burch, Louise Cowher and Olga Bremer; and brothers: Raymond Cubick and Robert Cubick.
Ellen’s memorial service was held on January 2 at Pleasant View Retirement Community Chapel, Manheim, with Rev. Dr. Randolph T. Riggs officiating. Private family interment will be in Youngstown, Ohio.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Ellen’s name to Pleasant View Retirement Community, 544 N. Penryn Road, Manheim, PA 17545.
Online condolences may be posted at thegroffs.com.