- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Elizabeth ‘Lizzie’ Enck, 95, UZRC resident, Lutheran, enjoyed needlework and cooking
Elizabeth B. “Lizzie” Enck, 95, of Lititz, formerly of Swamp Bridge Road, Denver, passed away Monday, June 23, 2014, at United Zion Home.
She was born June 3, 1919 in West Cocalico Township to the late Menno and Stella (Gerhart) Burkholder and was the wife of the late Martin S. Enck who died in 2007.
She was a member of the Faith United Evangelical Lutheran Church, Denver, and enjoyed needlework and cooking. Elizabeth worked as a sewing machine operator for the former Walter W. Moyer Co. for 25 years.
Elizabeth is survived by a son-in-law: Melvin R. Ravegum of Lititz; three grandchildren: Elizabeth A. Smith, wife of Thomas, Rebecca S. Rabb, wife of Robert, and Andrew M. Ravegum, husband of Stephanie; and seven great-grandchildren: Kelly, Betsy, Ethan, Lauren, Aaron, Owen and Drew.
In addition to her parents and husband, she was preceded in death by a daughter: Lois B. Ravegum; brothers: Alvin and Rufus Burkholder; and two sisters: Alma Haldeman, and Helen Lutz.
Services were held June 28 at the United Zion Retirement Community Chapel, Lititz, with Reverend Ethan Levangood officiating. Interment was in the Fairview Cemetery Annex, Denver, with Reverend Joseph Veres officiating.
Memorial contributions in Elizabeth’s memory may be made to United Zion Retirement Home Caring Fund, 722 Furnace Hills Pike, Lititz, PA 17543.