- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Elizabeth J. Witman92, secretary, Moravian Manor resident
Elizabeth J. "Betty" Witman, 92, formerly of Manheim, died peacefully Thursday, Sept. 8, at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late Clayton and Edna Fisher Witman.
Betty worked as a secretary for the Jacob H. Ruhl Insurance Company, Manheim. Previously, she was employed as a bookkeeper and secretary for the former Milton Fabrics and William H. Noggles Company, both of Manheim. She was a 1937 graduate of Manheim High School.
Betty was an active and faithful member of St. Paul’s United Church of Christ, Manheim, where she was a member of the Kappa-Nu Sunday School class, women’s fellowship, choir member in her early years and was a Sunday school teacher. She volunteered for the Nearly-Nu Thrift Shop, Manheim, and Meals on Wheels in the Manheim area. Her memberships included: Stiegel Roses Senior Citizens Group, Manheim, and the Musical Art Society of Lancaster.
Surviving is a niece: Gwen Shireman, of Manheim; a great-niece: Karissa Shireman, of Old Lyme, Conn.; and great-nephews: Kyle Shireman, of Otterbein, N.J.; and Brett Shireman, of Manheim.
Preceding her in death are two sisters: Dorothy Witman and Helen Sangrey; and a niece: Nancy Bates Heisey.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her funeral service from Steinman Hall at Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., on Sept. 17 at 10:30 a.m. with Pastor R. Eugene Hill officiating. Interment will take place in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Betty’s memory to the charity of one’s choice.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.