- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Elizabeth A. Hornberger75, Lititz United Methodist member
Elizabeth A. "Libby" Hornberger, 75, formerly of Lititz, died Sunday, June 24, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County in Mount Joy, surrounded by her loving family.
Born in Dauphin County, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Elizabeth Josephine Hoffman Shroy. Formerly a Gainer, she was married to the late Harold E. "Gene" Hornberger for 26 years until his death in 2006.
Libby attended Hershey High School. A homemaker, she enjoyed shopping, the mountain cabin in Renovo and her trips to Colorado and Wyoming. She was a member of Lititz United Methodist Church.
Libby is survived by six children: Jeffrey Hornberger, of Manheim; Stanley Roger Gainer, of Elizabethtown; Dennis, husband of Kathy Gainer, of Colorado; Terry Robin, husband of Sharon Gainer, of Mountville; Mary Jo, wife of Tim Shaub, of Lititz; and April Lin, wife of Bernie Smith, of Annville; eight grandchildren: Brian Hornberger, Lisa Nicole Ludwig, Rachel A. Smith, Justine R. Gainer, Corey Ream, Evan Gainer, Megan L. Shaub and Brendan M. Gainer; great-grandson: Laszo Ludwig; and brother: Daniel L., husband of Shirley Derr, of Hummelstown.
Libby was preceded in death by her daughter: Besty Frank.
A memorial service will take place at 11 a.m. on June 28 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, 3110 Lititz Pike, Lititz. Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or hospiceoflancaster.org.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.