- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Eleanor Good, 95, lived at Landis Homes, Bowmansville Mennonite Church member
Eleanor Good, 95, wife of the late Isaac G. Good, entered into eternal rest, peace and joy to forever be with her Savior Jesus Christ, Aug. 5, 2014 at Landis Homes, Lititz, where she lived for 20 years.
Eleanor enjoyed her work at Brecknock School cafeteria for many years. She was a faithful member of Bowmansville Mennonite Church all her life. She will be missed by her children, grandchildren, many family members, and friends.
She is survived by a daughter: Jeanette and husband Jim Oberholtzer; sons: Warren and wife Deb Good and Isaac Ray Good and a daughter-in-law Sonia Good. Also surviving are six grandchildren: Debra Cohick, Rick Good, Tina Snyder, Gina Burkhart, Trace Oberholtzer, and Shawn Good; 11 great-grandchildren; and two great-great-grandchildren; two brothers: James Burkhart and Wilmer Burkhart; and two sisters-in-law: Ruth Burkhart and Violet Good.
She was preceded in death by a son: Mervin Good; daughter-in-law: Carolyn Good; grandchild; a sister: Irene Fulmer; and a brother: John Burkhart.
Services were held Aug. 8 at Landis Homes West Bethany Chapel.
Thanks to all the workers at Landis Homes and Hospice for the wonderful love and care they gave to Eleanor these last couple of months. The family won’t soon forget these kind deeds.
Memorial contributions in Eleanor’s name can be made to Landis Homes Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Rd., Lititz, PA 17543 or Hospice & Community Care, P. O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
The Eckenroth Home for Funerals, Terre Hill, is assisting the family with arrangements. Condolences may be offered at groffeckenroth.com.