- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Eldon C. Martin 90, Landis Homes resident, retired machine operator
Eldon C. Martin, 90, of Lititz and formerly of Mountville, died Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012 at Landis Homes.
He was the husband of E. Ruth (Hossler) Martin and the late Anna M. (Newcomer) Martin. Eldon was born in Hagerstown, Md., Sept. 29, 1921, a son of the late Clarence and Esther (Martin) Martin.
He was a retired machine operator with the former St. Regis Paper Company. Eldon was also an avid gardener. He was a member of Stony Brook Mennonite Church.
In addition to his wife of 23 years, Eldon is survived by two daughters: Reta, wife of Rev. Larry Steffee, of Dowelltown, Tenn.; and Elva, wife of Joseph Knesic, of Manchester; two sons: Jerry, husband of Garnett Martin, of York; and Joel, husband of Linda Martin, of Manchester; six grandchildren; three great- grandchildren; a brother: Harold E. Martin, of Phoenix, Ariz.; and a sister: Leola Bange, of Hagerstown.
He was preceded in death by a son: John Eldon Martin.
A funeral service was held Sept. 28 at Stony Brook Mennonite Church,York, with his pastor, James I. Heindel, officiating. Burial took place in Stony Brook Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Landis Home Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
The Etzweiler Funeral Home and Cremation Service of York is in charge of arrangements. For more information, visit etzweiler.com.