- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Eldon C. Martin 90, Landis Homes resident, retired machine operator
Eldon C. Martin, 90, of Lititz and formerly of Mountville, died Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012 at Landis Homes.
He was the husband of E. Ruth (Hossler) Martin and the late Anna M. (Newcomer) Martin. Eldon was born in Hagerstown, Md., Sept. 29, 1921, a son of the late Clarence and Esther (Martin) Martin.
He was a retired machine operator with the former St. Regis Paper Company. Eldon was also an avid gardener. He was a member of Stony Brook Mennonite Church.
In addition to his wife of 23 years, Eldon is survived by two daughters: Reta, wife of Rev. Larry Steffee, of Dowelltown, Tenn.; and Elva, wife of Joseph Knesic, of Manchester; two sons: Jerry, husband of Garnett Martin, of York; and Joel, husband of Linda Martin, of Manchester; six grandchildren; three great- grandchildren; a brother: Harold E. Martin, of Phoenix, Ariz.; and a sister: Leola Bange, of Hagerstown.
He was preceded in death by a son: John Eldon Martin.
A funeral service was held Sept. 28 at Stony Brook Mennonite Church,York, with his pastor, James I. Heindel, officiating. Burial took place in Stony Brook Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Landis Home Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
The Etzweiler Funeral Home and Cremation Service of York is in charge of arrangements. For more information, visit etzweiler.com.