- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Eldon C. Martin 90, Landis Homes resident, retired machine operator
Eldon C. Martin, 90, of Lititz and formerly of Mountville, died Tuesday, Sept. 25, 2012 at Landis Homes.
He was the husband of E. Ruth (Hossler) Martin and the late Anna M. (Newcomer) Martin. Eldon was born in Hagerstown, Md., Sept. 29, 1921, a son of the late Clarence and Esther (Martin) Martin.
He was a retired machine operator with the former St. Regis Paper Company. Eldon was also an avid gardener. He was a member of Stony Brook Mennonite Church.
In addition to his wife of 23 years, Eldon is survived by two daughters: Reta, wife of Rev. Larry Steffee, of Dowelltown, Tenn.; and Elva, wife of Joseph Knesic, of Manchester; two sons: Jerry, husband of Garnett Martin, of York; and Joel, husband of Linda Martin, of Manchester; six grandchildren; three great- grandchildren; a brother: Harold E. Martin, of Phoenix, Ariz.; and a sister: Leola Bange, of Hagerstown.
He was preceded in death by a son: John Eldon Martin.
A funeral service was held Sept. 28 at Stony Brook Mennonite Church,York, with his pastor, James I. Heindel, officiating. Burial took place in Stony Brook Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, contributions may be made to Landis Home Caring Fund, 1001 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.
The Etzweiler Funeral Home and Cremation Service of York is in charge of arrangements. For more information, visit etzweiler.com.