- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Eileen D. Kirk86, Warwick School District aide
Eileen Delia Buckley Kirk, 86, of Lancaster, passed away Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2012 at Audubon Villa, Lititz.
Eileen was born in Chadds Ford on Feb. 12, 1925. She was the daughter of the late Martin and Minnie Buckley.
Eileen was a feisty Irish lass with a quick wit and a generous heart. In recent years she enjoyed bird watching, keeping up with current events and watching any and all sporting events on TV. She especially loved watching the Olympic Games and supporting the U.S. Olympic teams.
For most of her life, Eileen was a homemaker, but she also enjoyed working in the Warwick School District as an aide and monitor of the middle school suspension program.
She is survived by daughters: Kathleen E. Buckley, partner of Pat Baldridge, of Windsor, Colo.; Diane M. Gibason, of Denver, Colo.; Deborah A. Gibason, wife of Erle Kenyon, of Greeley, Colo.; Patricia D. Gibason, of Lancaster; Anna L. Casetta, wife of Tom Casetta, of Philadelphia; and one grandson: Tyler Buckley Baldridge.
Eileen was preceded in death by her husband: Robert L. Kirk.
Services will be private and at the convenience of the family. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions can be made in Eileen’s name to: The United States Olympic Committee, 1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.