- Six inducted into MC Alumni Hall of Fame
- Facelift coming for Rothsville park
- Chiques Creek Watershed Alliance sponsors photo contest
- Lititz will be Rockin’: Festival, ‘NASCAR for bikes,’ returns April 26
- Full of moxie, Ashton Sweitzer takes on Philly
- Spam a little for ‘Spamalot’
- Taste of Lititz returns June 5
- Pix from Route 66
- Crafts & Draughts at JoBoy’s
- Streaks rally from early deficit to beat Warwick
Edward W. Zercher, Jr.Sico Company executive, Sunday school superintendent
Edward W. Zercher Jr., of Lititz, died at the Heart of Lancaster Regional Medical Center, Lititz, Thursday, Jan. 19, 2012 after a brief illness.
Before he retired, Ed was an executive for the former Sico Company in Mt. Joy. He was a member of the Columbia United Methodist Church, where earlier in his life he was their superintendent of the Sunday school. He was also a member of the Masonic Lodge in Elizabethtown, Harrisburg and Lancaster. Ed was a kind and gentle man and volunteered his services in many capacities.
Ed was adored by his family. Surviving are his wife: Audrey; his son: Edward, husband of Barbara Rowits Zercher; his grandson: E. Ryan; sisters: J. Lane, of Lancaster; and Marcy, wife of Wayne Hershey, of Columbia; his brother: John, husband of Sandy Dinkle, of Columbia; and many nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his sister: Amy, wife of Ned Moser, of Texas; and his brother: Cleon, of Mt. Joy.
There will be a private family gathering service and burial with the Rev. Jeffrey A. Snyder officiating. There will be a Memorial Service at the Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, where he resided. It will be held in Steinman Hall on Jan. 26 at 10:30 a.m.
In place of flowers, Memorial Contributions may be sent to Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543 or to a charity of your choosing.
Funeral arrangements are being made by the Clyde W. Kraft Funeral Home Inc., Columbia/Landisville.