- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Edith H. Oren78, R.R. Donnelly secretary, Manheim High grad
Edith H. Oren, 78, of Lancaster, died Monday, Nov. 14, 2011, at her residence, after a brief illness.
She was the widow of Donald B. Oren, who died this past October. Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Dr. Isaac and Dorothy (Davis) Hershey.
She was a graduate of the former Manheim High School, class of 1951. Edith was a secretary at R.R. Donnelly of Lancaster for 24 years before retiring in 1990. She was an expert bridge player, an avid Boston Red Sox fan, and enjoyed spending time at Hilton Head Island with her late husband.
Surviving are two sons: Ted Fry, of Philadelphia; Ken, husband of Missy Fry, of Lancaster; three grandchildren; a brother: Davis, husband of Diana Hershey, of Redwood City, Calif.; and a sister: Betsy, wife of Don Farmer, of Manheim.
A time of visitation and remembrance was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Nov. 21.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in Edith’s memory may be sent to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster PA 17604-4125.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.