- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Earl S. Siegrist
91, Neffsville Mennonite Church,
independent truck driver
Earl S. Siegrist, 91, of Lancaster passed away Monday, June 3, 2013 at Hospice & Community Care, Lancaster.
Born in Manheim Township, he was the son of the late Harvey S. and Ada Stehman Siegrist. He was the husband of Esther Snavely Siegrist who died in 2008. Earl was an independent truck driver and also worked as a poultry farmer in York County.
He was a long-time member at Neffsville Mennonite Church. His interests included fishing and boating.
Surviving are two daughters: Doris S., wife of J. Nevin Gish of Lancaster; Joanne, wife of Harold N. Blank of Quarryville; a son: Kenneth S., husband of Cynthia Kreider Siegrist of Peach Bottom; two grandchildren: Drew Blank and Dana Todd; three great grandchildren: Mason and Alexander Blank and Brooks Todd; two brothers: Jay Mervin Siegrist of Lancaster and Roy S. Siegrist of Lititz; and a sister: Esther M. Smith of Lancaster. He was preceded in death by a sister, Dorothy M. Wenger.
Relatives and friends attended his funeral service at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim June 7. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family in East Petersburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Please omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Earl’s memory to Hospice & Community Care, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125. To send the family on-line condolences, please visit buchfuneral.com.