- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Earl R. Rothfus
89, WWII vet, private first class Army
Earl R. Rothfus, 89, of Lititz, died Monday, June 10, 2013, at Luther Acres.
Earl was the son of the late Fred and Elsie Ruthart Rothfus. He was married to the late Nancy Herr Rothfus, who died in 2000.
Earl graduated from Manheim Township High School in 1942 and later joined the United States Army reaching the rank of Private First Class and served during WWII. Earl worked his produce stand at Central Market for 25 years. He was a member of St. Peter’s Lutheran Church and a lifetime member and assistant chief volunteer fireman for the Neffsville Fire Company. He was a lifetime member of the American Legion and coached little league baseball and enjoyed gardening in his spare time.
He is survived by two sons: Thomas E., husband of Ann Rothfus of Lititz; Robert M., husband of Susan Rothfus of Lancaster; a daughter: Linda Sue Rothfus of Joppa, Md.; a brother: Donald Rothfus; and a twin sister: Anna Wetzler both of Lititz; seven grandchildren and four great-grandchildren. In addition to his parents and wife, Earl was predeceased by a son, Terry Rothfus and a brother, Richard Rothfus.
Relatives and friends are invited to attend Earl’s celebration of life funeral service June 18 at 11 a.m. at St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 10 Delp Road, Lancaster with the Reverend Craig Ross officiating. The family will greet friends from 10 a.m. until the time of service. Interment will be in St. Peter’s Lutheran Cemetery.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made in Earl’s name to St. Peter’s Lutheran Church, 10 Delp Road, Lancaster, PA 17601 or to Hospice & Community Care (founded as Hospice of Lancaster County), P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or www.hospicecommunity.org or Neffsville Fire Company, 200 E. Oregon Road, Lititz, PA 17543.