- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
E. Margaret Burkhart 93, Warwick Township High School Class of 1939, grew up on Millway farm
E. Margaret Burkhart, 93, of Akron, passed away peacefully on Thursday, March 7, 2013, at Ephrata Manor.
She was born on Jan. 11, 1920 in East Cocalico Township to the late David R. and Susan E. (Weinhold) Wenzel.
She was the wife of Warren E. Burkhart. Margaret and Warren married on June 26, 1948 in Ephrata and would have been married 65 years in June.
Margaret grew up on a farm in Millway and enjoyed raising baby beef. She graduated from Warwick Township High School in Rothsville in 1939.
During her working years, she was employed by Dutchmaid and Maple Farms in Akron. She was a member of Muddy Creek Evangelical Lutheran Church, Denver, and was an active member of the Women of the Church. She was a charter member of the Akron Woman’s Civic Club, and she enjoyed doing volunteer work, especially for Meals on Wheels.
In addition to her husband, she is survived by two daughters: Brenda M., wife of Dewey Ingham, of Atlanta, Ga.; Kaye L., wife of Larry Kegerise, of Oley; four grandchildren: Tina, wife of Gerald Hess, of York; Todd, husband of Lisa Kegerise, of Oley; David, husband of Jennifer Ingham, of Oxford, England; Steven, husband of Nicole Ingham, of Corona, Calif.; and five great-grandchildren: Kaitlyn Hess; Delaney and Chase Kegerise; and Maxwell and Darian Ingham.
A viewing was held March 13 at the Muddy Creek Evangelical Lutheran Church, followed by funeral services with Rev. Robert Kramer officiating. Interment was in the Muddy Creek Cemetery.
Memorial contributions in Margaret’s memory may be made to Muddy Creek Evangelical Lutheran Church, Building Fund, 11 S. Muddy Creek Road, Denver, PA 17517.