- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
E. Jeanette McLain 71,Moravian Manor resident, nurse’s aide, Girl Scout leader
E. Jeanette McLain, 71, of Lancaster, passed away Tuesday, April 2, 2013, at Moravian Manor in Lititz.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Charles H. and Jeanette Achenbach Siegel and the wife of the late Jerry McLain, who died in June 2008.
Jeanette was a graduate of John P. McCaskey High School.
She was employed as a certified nurse’s aide for a total of 25 years with Homestead Village and the former Whitehall Nursing Home. Previously, she was employed with Hamilton Watch Company.
Jeanette was a lifetime member of Lancaster Moravian Church.
She served as a Brownie leader for 10 years and four years with a Girl Scout Troop.
Jeanette enjoyed the beach, dancing, reading, shopping and especially spending time with her daughters and grandchildren.
Surviving are two daughters: Ronna Stoe, wife of Dale, of Mountville; Stacy Gingrich, companion of Brian Wilson, of Leola; two step-daughters: Lisa McLain, of Maine; and Jenny McLain, of Lancaster; six grandchildren: Brittney and Nicholas Mowrer; Dylan, Logan, Krista and Devin.
Relatives and friends attended Jeanette’s life celebration memorial service at Lancaster Moravian Church April 6. Interment will be private at the convenience of the family. To share your fondest memories of Jeanette, visit lifecelebration.com.