- Taste of the Town – March 5, 2014 Edition
- Slideshow – Snowstorm Pax
- 1944: Ralph Spacht donates Advertisements from 1944 building for community center
- Showcase of Homes
- Record Express undergoes most significant redesign in more than 75 years
- This ice is nice
- Crepes Recipe from the Sugar Arts Institute
- Snowy weather leads to accident
- Fire Co. needs help clearing hydrants
E. Eugene Witmer76, auto parts salesman, hunter
E. Eugene Witmer
E. Eugene Witmer, 76, of Lititz, passed away Friday, Sept. 9, 2011 at Hamilton Arms Center in Lancaster after a brief illness.
Born in Ephrata Township, he was the son of the late Aaron and Martha (Wenger) Witmer and the husband of Mabel J. (Eberly) Witmer, to whom he shared 58 years of marriage.
Eugene was a member of the Reinholds United Zion Church. He was a mason as well as a salesman for Nolt’s Auto Parts. He enjoyed spending time with his family, was a car enthusiast and also enjoyed hunting.
In addition to his wife, Eugene is survived by his three children: Darrel, husband of Brenda (Bowman) Witmer, of Denver; Brian, husband of Irene (Martin) Witmer, of Ephrata; Karen, wife of Jim Huber, of Akron; four grandchildren; and a sister in law: Esther (Boll) Witmer.
Eugene was preceded in death by an infant sister: Ruth Ann; and a brother: Lester Witmer.
Funeral services will be held Sept. 15 at 10 a.m. at the Ephrata United Zion Church, 408 E. Fulton St., Ephrata, with Pastor Leon Eberly officiating. Interment will follow in the Mellinger’s Union Cemetery, Schoeneck.
Arrangements are being made by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.