- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
Dr. Mary Roberts Adair 80, retired Slippery Rock special education professor, hiker
Born in Johnstown, she was the daughter of the late William and Catherine Roberts Adair.
A graduate of Wellesley College and Penn State University, Mary had a long career in education. She taught at Penn State University and Rutgers University prior to her retirement in 1995 from Slippery Rock University, where she had been a professor in the special education department for 20 years.
She enjoyed traveling, music, history and observing nature. She hiked many miles on the Appalachian Trail with her daughter. When she was at home, she liked to spend time with her cats and dog.
Mary will be greatly missed by her daughter: Marsha Resinol; an aunt: Mary Edith Mardis; several cousins and many close friends and neighbors.
Family and friends are invited to a memorial service on March 7 at 11 a.m. at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, 216 S. Broad St., Lititz, with a visitation one hour prior to the service. Burial will be in Grandview Cemetery in Johnstown at a later date.
In lieu of flowers, contributions in memory of Mary may be made to the Johnstown Area Heritage Association, 201 6th Avenue, Johnstown, PA 15906 or the Lititz Public Library, 651 Kissel Hill Rd., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.