- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Dr. Harry R. Henly 89, WWII vet, former school principal and superintendent
Dr. Harry R. Henly, 89, of Lititz, passed away Tuesday, Jan. 14, 2014, at Moravian Manor.
He was born in Durlach (Clay Twp.), son of the late Peter B. and Susan M. (Furlow) Henly and was the husband of the late Doris A. (Heisey) Henly.
Harry was a U.S. Army Air Corp. Veteran of World War II.
He was a lifelong educator, school principal and superintendent. He started his career in Clearfield, and most recently was the Superintendent at Haverford Township School District. He was a member and very involved in the Rotary Club.
Harry is survived by a son: Rick Henly, husband of Maggie Harrer of Oradell, N.J.; two daughters: Marianne, wife of Bob Clyde of Woodville, Va. and Rebecca S. Henly, wife of Tom Spano of Chadds Ford; six grandchildren: Katie Henly, David Killmeyer, Heather Dibble, Greg Killmeyer, Erin Midgett, and Kelsey Midgett; three great-grandchildren and a brother: Robert, husband of Darlene Henly of Ephrata.
In addition to his parents and wife, he is preceded in death by a brother, Ira Henly, husband of Miriam Henly of Ephrata, and two baby sisters, Mary and Viola.
A funeral was held Jan. 17 at the Roseboro Stradling Funeral Home, Denver, with Rev. Dr. Ann M. Osborne officiating. Interment took place in the Mellingers Union Cemetery with military honors by the Red Rose Honor Guard.
Memorial contributions in Harry’s memory may be made to the Moravian Manor, 300 West Lemon Street, Lititz, PA 17543.
Arrangements by Roseboro Stradling Funeral & Cremation Services, Inc., Denver. Online condolences can be given at roseborostradling.com.