- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Douglas M. Weitzel51, of Manheim, Air Force veteran
Douglas Mark "Doug" Weitzel, 51, of Manheim, died unexpectedly at home Monday, Oct. 3, 2011.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of Raymond H. and Eileen Adams Weitzel of Lewes, Del.
Doug worked at Johnson Controls, York, in computer graphics. He served in the U.S. Air Force and was a member of the Germania Band Club, Manheim. Doug loved to go deep sea fishing.
Surviving in addition to his parents are a brother: Dale M. Weitzel, companion of Krystal Bucher, of Manheim; aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews; and his companion: Sharon White, of Manheim.
He was preceded in death by a brother: David Michael Weitzel.
His memorial service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Oct. 11. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Doug’s memory to the Buch Funeral Home to help defray funeral expenses.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.