- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Douglas M. Weitzel51, of Manheim, Air Force veteran
Douglas Mark "Doug" Weitzel, 51, of Manheim, died unexpectedly at home Monday, Oct. 3, 2011.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of Raymond H. and Eileen Adams Weitzel of Lewes, Del.
Doug worked at Johnson Controls, York, in computer graphics. He served in the U.S. Air Force and was a member of the Germania Band Club, Manheim. Doug loved to go deep sea fishing.
Surviving in addition to his parents are a brother: Dale M. Weitzel, companion of Krystal Bucher, of Manheim; aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews; and his companion: Sharon White, of Manheim.
He was preceded in death by a brother: David Michael Weitzel.
His memorial service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Oct. 11. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Doug’s memory to the Buch Funeral Home to help defray funeral expenses.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.