- Memorial Day Parade
- Second Friday the 13th
- Farmers market opens May 21
- Hello (again), Dolly!
- Kreider Farms opens silo observation tower
- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
Douglas M. Weitzel51, of Manheim, Air Force veteran
Douglas Mark "Doug" Weitzel, 51, of Manheim, died unexpectedly at home Monday, Oct. 3, 2011.
Born in Ephrata, he was the son of Raymond H. and Eileen Adams Weitzel of Lewes, Del.
Doug worked at Johnson Controls, York, in computer graphics. He served in the U.S. Air Force and was a member of the Germania Band Club, Manheim. Doug loved to go deep sea fishing.
Surviving in addition to his parents are a brother: Dale M. Weitzel, companion of Krystal Bucher, of Manheim; aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews; and his companion: Sharon White, of Manheim.
He was preceded in death by a brother: David Michael Weitzel.
His memorial service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Oct. 11. Interment will be private and at the convenience of the family.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Doug’s memory to the Buch Funeral Home to help defray funeral expenses.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.