- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
- Finally: the Ephrata Brewfest!
- The fallout of 11 MC bomb threats
- Second Friday the 13th
Dorothy S. Ruhl79, homemaker, formerly of Manheim
Dorothy S. Ruhl, 79, of Willow Street, formerly of Manheim, passed away Friday, Feb. 17, 2012 at Conestoga View, Lancaster.
Born in Mount Joy, she was the daughter of the late Phares M. and Anna Kautz Sweitzer. She was the wife of the late Martin H. Ruhl, who died in 1992.
A homemaker, Dorothy enjoyed crocheting, gardening, bowling and playing games. She loved animals and traveling to the mountains with her family.
Surviving are four children: Martin E. Ruhl, of Willow Street; Virginia L., wife of Robert H. Morris, of East Petersburg; James M. Ruhl, of Willow Street; and John E. Campbell; three grandchildren: Michelle and Andrew Morris and Barry Campbell; a great- granddaughter: Danielle Morris; and a sister: Betty Belmonte, of Manheim.
She was preceded in death by a son: Donald Ruhl; two brothers: Lee Sweitzer and Phares Sweitzer Jr.; and two sisters: Edna Mays and Mable Bricker.
Her funeral service was held at the Buch Funeral Home, Manheim, on Feb. 22. Interment took place in Hernley Mennonite Cemetery, Rapho Township.
Kindly omit flowers. Those desiring may send contributions in Dorothy’s memory to American Heart Association, 610 Community Way, Lancaster, PA 17603.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.