- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Dorothy R. Yeager96, homemaker, former Lititz resident
Dorothy R. Yeager, 96, formerly of Lititz and Ashland, died Monday, Oct. 10, 2011 at Lancashire Hall.
Born in Duncannon and raised in Ashland, she was the daughter of the late John and Sarah Crick Rudy.
Dorothy graduated from the former Ashland High School. A homemaker, she was the wife of late Evan O. Yeager for 61 years before his death in 1998. She enjoyed crocheting and reading. Dorothy was the oldest living member of Simpson United Methodist Church.
Surviving are her three daughters: Claudia, wife of Pat Hannon, of Salisbury, Md.; Dorothy, wife of Keith Hinkle, of Lititz; and Roberta, wife of the late Glenn Richards, of Gordon; nine grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and her brother: Ralph, husband of Lois Rudy, of Duluth, Ga.
A funeral will take place at 11 a.m. on Oct. 13 at Simpson United Methodist Church, 119 E. Biddle St., Gordon. Interment will take place in Christ Church Cemetery, Ashland.
To send the family online condolences, visit SnyderFuneralHome.com.