- Entertainment is on the ‘Taste of Lititz’ menu
- A perfect storm election: GOP incumbents prevail
- Warwick hires new solicitor
- July 4 ticket sales under way
- MiniTHON raises nearly $35K
- Illegal burning a hot topic at Elizabeth Twp. meeting
- With a little help from Friends… Manheim Community Pool prepares for 58th season
- Warwick continues MiniTHON tradition
- Manheim Historical Society honors Restore ‘N More
- MELA: A celebration of Indian culture
Dorothy R. Russell94, Rothsville grad, tour guide
Dorothy R. Russell, 94, of Lititz, passed away Thursday, Feb. 9, 2012 at Luther Acres with her family by her side.
Born in Lancaster, and a lifelong area resident, she was the daughter of the late Ray and Mildred Yunginger Clark. She was the wife of the late Gabriel W. Russell, who passed away in May of 2003.
A graduate of Rothsville High School, Dorothy had worked as a tour guide for the Amish Farm and House from 1976 till 1989. Prior to this, she managed the Fannie Farmer Candy store in the 1960s. She was a member of St. John’s Episcopal Church in Lancaster, enjoyed sewing, cooking and working in her large garden. Her greatest joy was being with her family.
Dorothy will be lovingly remembered by her children: Susan, wife of Allen Mellinger, of Lancaster; and Robert C., husband of Martha Russell, of Williamsburg, Va.; her five grandchildren: Kathryn C. Mellinger, wife of Matthew Harry; Mark A. Mellinger; Michael, husband of Anne Russell; John Russell; and Laura Holley; and her five great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her sister: Lillian Musser.
Relatives and friends are respectfully invited to attend her life celebration memorial service from St. John’s Episcopal Church, 321 W. Chestnut St., Lancaster, on Feb. 16 at 1 p.m. with the Rev. Dr. John H. Emmert officiating. Private interment will be held at Longenecker’s Reformed Mennonite Cemetery.
If desired, memorials may be sent in Dorothy’s memory to Luther Acres, 600 East Main St., Lititz, PA 17543 or to Hospice of Lancaster County, 685 Good Drive, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125.
The Fred F. Groff Inc. Funeral Home is handling the arrangements. To share fond memories of Dorothy, visit lifecelebration.com.