- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dorothy M. Rubin88, Brethren Village resident, Rubin Steel employee
Dorothy M. Rubin, 88, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011 at Brethren Village Retirement Community.
Born in Antipol, Poland, she was the daughter of the late Max and Esther (Golda) Mulnick. Dorothy came to the U.S. with her mother and her brother in November 1928. They rejoined her father in New York. She was then raised in Coatesville.
After graduating from Coatesville High School, she worked at the family business, Rubin Steel Company, for over 35 years. Dorothy was a life member of the organization, Hadassah, and a member of the Sisterhood at Temple Beth El. She volunteered at Town Fair in Lancaster and for Meals on Wheels.
Dorothy is survived by her sons: Elliott, husband of Beverly Rubin, and Stephen, husband of Deborah Rubin, all of Lancaster; a sister: Julie Levitt, of Denver, Colo.; and five grandchildren: Frank; Adina, wife of Rick Corsaro; and Jeffrey, Rebecca and Scott Rubin.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Lawrence L. Rubin; and brother: Nathan Mulnick .
The funeral service was held on Oct. 24 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with Rabbi Stephen Parnes officiating. Interment took place in Beth El Cemetery in Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Dorothy’s memory to Temple Beth El, 1836 Rohrerstown Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.