- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Dorothy M. Rubin88, Brethren Village resident, Rubin Steel employee
Dorothy M. Rubin, 88, of Lancaster, passed away Friday, Oct. 21, 2011 at Brethren Village Retirement Community.
Born in Antipol, Poland, she was the daughter of the late Max and Esther (Golda) Mulnick. Dorothy came to the U.S. with her mother and her brother in November 1928. They rejoined her father in New York. She was then raised in Coatesville.
After graduating from Coatesville High School, she worked at the family business, Rubin Steel Company, for over 35 years. Dorothy was a life member of the organization, Hadassah, and a member of the Sisterhood at Temple Beth El. She volunteered at Town Fair in Lancaster and for Meals on Wheels.
Dorothy is survived by her sons: Elliott, husband of Beverly Rubin, and Stephen, husband of Deborah Rubin, all of Lancaster; a sister: Julie Levitt, of Denver, Colo.; and five grandchildren: Frank; Adina, wife of Rick Corsaro; and Jeffrey, Rebecca and Scott Rubin.
She was preceded in death by her husband: Lawrence L. Rubin; and brother: Nathan Mulnick .
The funeral service was held on Oct. 24 at the Charles F. Snyder Jr. Funeral Home & Crematory, Lititz, with Rabbi Stephen Parnes officiating. Interment took place in Beth El Cemetery in Lititz.
In lieu of flowers, contributions can be made in Dorothy’s memory to Temple Beth El, 1836 Rohrerstown Road, Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.