- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dorothy M. Ober, 88, worked at Brickerville House Restaurant, enjoyed cooking for her family
Dorothy M. Ober, 88, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim, passed away at the home Aug. 7, 2014, surrounded by her family.
Born in Warwick Township, she was the daughter of the late Abram and Esther Balmer Grube, and stepdaughter of the late Anna Krumbine Grube. Dorothy was married for 68 years to Jay Russell Ober.
She was a member of the Brickerville United Lutheran Church, W.E.L.C.A., and the Brickerville Fire Co. Auxiliary. In earlier years she worked in the cafeteria at the Clay Elementary School and prior to her retirement, worked for the Brickerville House Restaurant. She especially enjoyed cooking for her family.
She is survived by her husband: Jay Russell Ober; sons: James R., husband of Rachel, Lititz, Dennis E., husband of Deborah, Lititz; daughters: Linda, wife of J. Timothy Bomberger, Lititz, Nancy, wife of Eric Groswold, Arvada, Colo.; a brother: John, husband of Joann Grube, Lititz; seven grandchildren; and twelve great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a great grandson and two brothers.
Services were held Aug. 10 at Brickerville United Lutheran Church, Lititz, with the Rev. Scott Davis officiating. Burial was in St. John’s Cemetery, Brickerville.
Contributions in memory of Dorothy may be made to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Fund, 544 N. Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17545
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com. Arrangements entrusted to Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.