- 5K fun run/walk will benefit Warwick grad
- Oysters on the square: Ted’s tiny diner was a big deal at Broad and Main
- Picturesque parade!
- Heart of Lancaster craft show is Labor Day weekend at Root’s
- Escape Room: real life fun, in a world ruled by virtual games
- Florence Foster Jenkins: the Moravian connection
- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
Dorothy M. Ober, 88, worked at Brickerville House Restaurant, enjoyed cooking for her family
Dorothy M. Ober, 88, of Pleasant View Retirement Community, Manheim, passed away at the home Aug. 7, 2014, surrounded by her family.
Born in Warwick Township, she was the daughter of the late Abram and Esther Balmer Grube, and stepdaughter of the late Anna Krumbine Grube. Dorothy was married for 68 years to Jay Russell Ober.
She was a member of the Brickerville United Lutheran Church, W.E.L.C.A., and the Brickerville Fire Co. Auxiliary. In earlier years she worked in the cafeteria at the Clay Elementary School and prior to her retirement, worked for the Brickerville House Restaurant. She especially enjoyed cooking for her family.
She is survived by her husband: Jay Russell Ober; sons: James R., husband of Rachel, Lititz, Dennis E., husband of Deborah, Lititz; daughters: Linda, wife of J. Timothy Bomberger, Lititz, Nancy, wife of Eric Groswold, Arvada, Colo.; a brother: John, husband of Joann Grube, Lititz; seven grandchildren; and twelve great-grandchildren. She was preceded in death by a great grandson and two brothers.
Services were held Aug. 10 at Brickerville United Lutheran Church, Lititz, with the Rev. Scott Davis officiating. Burial was in St. John’s Cemetery, Brickerville.
Contributions in memory of Dorothy may be made to the Pleasant View Retirement Community Benevolent Care Fund, 544 N. Penryn Rd., Manheim, PA 17545
To send online condolences to the family, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com. Arrangements entrusted to Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz.