- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dorothy M. Metzler92, Stehman’s employee, Brethren Village resident
Dorothy Mae Metzler, 92, formerly of East Petersburg, passed away peacefully Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011 at Brethren Village, where she had been a resident since September 2006.
She was the wife of the late Clarence R. Metzler, who died in 1974. Born in Mechanicsville (East Hempfield Township) she was the daughter of the late Clarence D. and Mary Amand Hertzler.
Dorothy was an employee of Stehman’s Potato Chip Co. of East Petersburg for 25 years. She also worked at the former Kauffman Tea House of East Petersburg and was a member of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Mount Joy.
Dorothy is survived by three step children: J. Richard, husband of Barbara (Burdett) Metzler, of Lititz; June Alicia, wife of Warren Miller, of Columbia; and Ruth, husband of Jere L. Thome, of Elizabethtown; a daughter-in-law: Dorothy F. (McKinnon) Metzler, of Mount Joy, widow of the late George Metzler; grandchildren and great-grandchildren; brothers: Donald Hertzler, of Ephrata; and Benjamin, husband of Gloria Hertzler, of Lancaster; sisters: Jane, wife of Chet Schoenberger, of East Petersburg; and Nancy, wife of Pete Denlinger, of Rohrerstown; and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Mount Joy, on Nov. 1. Interment was private in East Petersburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 34 E. Main St., Mount Joy, PA 17552.
Sheetz Funeral Home Inc., Mount Joy, handled the arrangements. Online condolences may be directed to sheetzfuneralhome.com.