- ‘Hello, Dolly!’ opens Thursday at EPAC
- ‘Somewhereville Station’ revisits the 50s and 60s
- Manheim Downtown Development Group will dissolve
- MC Art Show doubles in size
- Warwick students are tops at county science fair
- Science fair winner was inspired by his grandparents
- Lititz Community Band seeking members
- Warwick, Manheim Central musicals this weekend
- MCFEE auction, dinner set for March 12
- Benefit concert to support Veterans Honor Park of Lancaster County
Dorothy M. Metzler92, Stehman’s employee, Brethren Village resident
Dorothy Mae Metzler, 92, formerly of East Petersburg, passed away peacefully Saturday, Oct. 29, 2011 at Brethren Village, where she had been a resident since September 2006.
She was the wife of the late Clarence R. Metzler, who died in 1974. Born in Mechanicsville (East Hempfield Township) she was the daughter of the late Clarence D. and Mary Amand Hertzler.
Dorothy was an employee of Stehman’s Potato Chip Co. of East Petersburg for 25 years. She also worked at the former Kauffman Tea House of East Petersburg and was a member of St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Mount Joy.
Dorothy is survived by three step children: J. Richard, husband of Barbara (Burdett) Metzler, of Lititz; June Alicia, wife of Warren Miller, of Columbia; and Ruth, husband of Jere L. Thome, of Elizabethtown; a daughter-in-law: Dorothy F. (McKinnon) Metzler, of Mount Joy, widow of the late George Metzler; grandchildren and great-grandchildren; brothers: Donald Hertzler, of Ephrata; and Benjamin, husband of Gloria Hertzler, of Lancaster; sisters: Jane, wife of Chet Schoenberger, of East Petersburg; and Nancy, wife of Pete Denlinger, of Rohrerstown; and several nieces and nephews.
A memorial service was held at St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, Mount Joy, on Nov. 1. Interment was private in East Petersburg Mennonite Cemetery.
Memorial contributions may be made to St. Mark’s United Methodist Church, 34 E. Main St., Mount Joy, PA 17552.
Sheetz Funeral Home Inc., Mount Joy, handled the arrangements. Online condolences may be directed to sheetzfuneralhome.com.