- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dorothy M. Bowden85, Lititz historian, Queen of Candles Court member
Dorothy Mae Krick Bowden, 85, of Lititz, passed away surrounded by her family Sunday, April 1, 2012 at Moravian Manor.
Born in Lancaster, she was the daughter of the late Charles and Anna Steinman Krick and the wife of the late R. Nelson Bowden.
She was a member of the Lititz Moravian Congregation and a former member of the Lititz Springs Chapter of the Eastern Star. Dorothy enjoyed doing word searches, reading and traveling and was a Lititz historian. She was in the Lititz Queen of Candles Court in 1945.
Dorothy worked for Beford Shoe Co., then Warner Lambert and retired from Datcon Industries of East Petersburg.
She is survived by her children: Claudia Ann Bowden, of Lititz; James N., husband of Sherry L. Bowden, of Lititz; Kathy S., wife of Michael D. Bootie Sr., of Smoketown; five grandchildren; three step-grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by a brother: C. Richard Krick.
A funeral service was held April 4 at the Richard H. Heisey Funeral Home, Lititz. Burial will be private in Machpelah Cemetery, Lititz.
Contributions may be made in her memory to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604-4125 or to the Benevolent Care Fund, Moravian Manor, 300 W. Lemon St., Lititz, PA 17543.
To send online condolences, visit richardheiseyfuneralhome.com.