- Brickerville Fire Company honors Wilbur May for 68 years of service
- Chocolate Walk tickets on sale now
- Manheim receives three Townie Awards
- Lititz Independence Day: Schedule of Events
- ‘The Odd Couple’ turns 50
- Penn Township, Pleasant View partner for community day
- Witmer earns valedictorian title for Manheim Central’s class of 2015
- Passenger pigeons once flocked to Lititz
- Manheim Central will graduate 235
- Festival of the Red Rose
Dorothy M. Bleistein96, restaurant hostess, Luther Acres resident
Dorothy M. Bleistein, 96, of Lititz, formerly of St. John’s Herr Estate, Columbia, died Tuesday, June 26, 2012 at Luther Acres.
Born in Shamokin, she was the daughter of the late John and Helen Vezo.
Years ago, Dorothy worked at the Consolidated Cigar Corporation in Lancaster and AMP Inc. in Mount Joy. In later years, she was a hostess at Lombardo’s Restaurant in Lancaster and retired as a hostess from Red Lobster in 1990. Dorothy led a full and active life and enjoyed many years of good health. She enjoyed dancing, reading, playing pinochle and traveling.
Surviving is a daughter: Wanda, married to Leo Nikolaus, of Lancaster; two grandchildren: Paul, husband of Angela (Kreutzberger) Nikolaus, of Mountville; and Amy (Nikolaus), wife of Bruce Keller, of Lancaster. She was "Grandma Dot" to two great-grandchildren: Zachary Nikolaus and Gabrielle Nikolaus of Mountville. She is also survived by two sisters: Anne Crowley, of Ontario, Canada; and Margaret, wife of Russell Cory, of Lancaster; and 15 nieces and nephews.
She was also preceded in death by a brother, Frank Vezo; and a sister, Violet Vezo.
A Mass of Christian burial was held June 29 at St. Leo the Great Catholic Church, Lancaster, with Rev. Peter I. Hahn as celebrant. Interment was private at St. Joseph New Catholic Cemetery.
Kindly omit flowers. Contributions can be made in Dorothy’s memory to St. Leo the Great Catholic Church, 2427 Marietta Ave., Lancaster, PA 17601.
To send the family online condolences, visit snyderfuneralhome.com.