- Local artists will display works at Gretna show
- Cub Scout Pack 44 welcomes kindergartners in new pilot program
- New book a ‘sign’ of hope for local author
- 50 years of art: Lititz Outdoor Fine Art Show set for July 30
- Police departments plan community events
- The ‘Great Eastern Wizard’ of the Park House hotel
- Manheim woodworker crafts bodies for Martin Guitar
- Siblings homeless after being separated 40 years
- Going, going, gone! Local beer events selling out quickly
- ‘American Idiot’ at EPAC
Dorothy M. Bedger85, owned Manheim restaurant
Dorothy M. Bedger, 85, of Palmyra, formerly of Manheim, passed away Tuesday, April 24, 2012 at her home surrounded by her family after a lengthy illness.
Born in Manheim, she was the daughter of the late William and Caroline Duncan.
She and her late husband of 55 years, Robert, who died in 2000, were former owners of Bedger’s Restaurant in Manheim. Dorothy enjoyed spending time with her family, cooking, gardening and quilting. She was a lifelong member of St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Manheim.
Surviving are two daughters: Sue Bedger, of Palmyra, with whom she resided; and Sandra White, of Manheim; grandsons: Shawn, husband of Beth White, of Lititz; and Dennis White, of Manheim; great-grandchildren: Hannah White, Drew White and Katie White; and a brother: Don, husband of Lois Royer, of Manheim.
She is preceded in death by brothers: William, Charles and Richard Duncan; and a sister: Betty Gibble.
Her memorial service was held at St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, Manheim, on April 27. Interment took place in Manheim Fairview Cemetery, Penn Township.
Those desiring may send contributions in Dorothy’s memory to Humane League of Lancaster County, 2195 Lincoln Highway East, Lancaster, PA 17602.
To send the family online condolences, visit buchfuneral.com.