- Youth Lit fest will feature Gordon Korman
- Travelogue will visit Northern Europe
- Field of Screams is a (dysfunctional) family affair
- Spachts honored for years of service
- Lititz women’s chorus seeking new members
- MCFEE Family Breakfast set for Oct. 24
- Cavalcade of Bands set for Halloween
- The Rooster Crows in Lititz
- Art about town
- More Chocolate Walk stops revealed
Dorothy L. Witmer63, Longaberger basket collector, SuperValu worker
Dorothy "Dotte" L. Witmer, 63, of Lititz, passed away Monday, March 26, 2012 at Hospice of Lancaster County, Mount Joy.
She was born in Ephrata to the late Charles and Myrtle (Ulrich) Becker and was the wife of David Witmer, with whom she shared 43 years of marriage.
Dotte enjoyed vacationing in Ocean City, Md., and Myrtle Beach, S.C., dining out with friends and collecting Longaberger baskets. She was an employee of SuperValu since 1984.
In addition to her husband, Dotte is survived by a son, Jason, husband of Danielle Witmer of Lancaster; two step-grandchildren, Zachary and Allison Martin; four brothers: Charles Becker, companion of Ruth Wenger, of Akron; Donald Becker, of Strasburg; Robert Becker, of Springfield, Mass.; and Paul Becker, of Lititz.
She was preceded in death by a daughter: Cori Sue Gaskill; brother: John Becker; and two sisters: Esther Becker and Naomi Halligan.
Funeral services were held March 30 at the Stradling Funeral Home, Ephrata. Interment followed in the Mellingers Union Cemetery, Schoeneck.
Memorial contributions in Dotte’s memory may be made to Hospice of Lancaster County, P.O. Box 4125, Lancaster, PA 17604.
Arrangements were made by Stradling Funeral Homes Inc., Akron/Ephrata. Online condolences can be given at stradlingfuneralhome.com.